Do you like socialising and have an interest in Folk music?
Would you like to be a virtual buddy with a gentleman we support in Chippenham?
We are looking for volunteers who can be both virtual and also work towards becoming a face-to-face volunteer as time progresses.
“Hi - I live in Chippenham and I am supported by Dimensions. I would like a buddy to socialise with and help me meet new people, especially at the pub! I also enjoy folk music and would love you to come to folk gigs and share this interest with me.”
If you would like to make a difference and make friends along the way, we would love to hear from you!
Activities will include:
- Having regular phone or video calls with your buddy
- Enjoying folk music together
- Providing chat, company, friendship and fun
- Once lockdown restrictions lifted: Socialising together, such as going for drinks at the pub, going to gigs together and socialising in the local area
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable with using either phone or video calls (eg Teams, Zoom)
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Happy to chat about shared interests such as folk music
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Reliable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be agreed)
- Welcome to the idea of face-to-face volunteering with your buddy once restrictions are lifted
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!
Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.