If you enjoy swimming and would like to share time with people we support, then you are the buddy for us!
Activities will include:
- Swimming and accompanying people we support in the water
- Helping to ensure they are safe and having fun
- Providing chat and friendship
Activities will NOT include: Physically supporting people to swim, personal care or medication
In this role, there will always be a support worker present, so you would there to provide company, friendship and someone the people we support can enjoy the water with!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Active and able to swim
- Friendly and polite
- Enjoys chatting with people
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help them to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Reasonable expenses may be agreed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.