Are you a confident swimmer? Perhaps you might enjoy helping a person we support to get the most out of their swimming sessions?
Activities will include:
- Attending your volunteering activity on a regular basis - swimming sessions are once a week in the afternoon, but exact times and days can be agreed (eg you could do once a month)
- Helping to support someone swimming, - full training will be given and you will always be accompanied by an experienced member of staff
- Enjoying your time in the water with the person we support!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Confident at swimming and be able to support someone in the swimming pool
- Enthusiastic, friendly and confident
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Committed and dependable.
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply with Charity Job' below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.