Would you like to make a new friend in Worcester?
A gentleman we support would love a female buddy to spend time with and share his interests.
"N" have a lovely personality and loves to chat over a cup of tea! He also enjoys watching television, playing snooker and going into town for a bite to eat. A female volunteer is preferable to complement support for "N".
Our volunteer buddies have developed some wonderful friendships with the people we support, so come and make a positive difference and make a lovely friend along the way!
Activities will include:
- Visiting your buddy and building a new friendship together
- Enjoying time by relaxing with a cup of tea, going for dinner or watching TV together
- Providing chat, company, friendship and fun
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for a volunteer who is:
- Friendly, sociable and enthusiastic
- Happy to chat about shared interests
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help them to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Access to free online training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at manager’s discretion OR Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.