Can you paint, do collage, crafts, woodwork or music?
We're looking for an enthusiastic volunteer who would like to share their passion with a group of lively people with learning disabilities and autism:
- Developing group arts activities.
- Working in a team to engage people in the subject you are passionate about.
- Reviewing and getting feedback from the people we support on how they enjoyed the activity
- Supported by a team of colleagues to bring fun and new experiences to the people we support!
- Activities will NOT include: Personal care or financial assistance.
We are looking for a volunteer who is:
- Enthusiastic about sharing their sharing their art skills (eg crafts, music, art, drama etc)
- Experienced with facilitating groups or activities (or has an understanding of the skills needed to do this - support and guidance can also be provided if needed)
- Able to work as part a team
- Friendly, chatty and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Discovery volunteer:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Discovery volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply with Charity Jobs' below.