"My name is Steven, I love to go out and about to the theatre, visiting interesting places and listening to classical music. I also love Liverpool football club and I want to visit the stadium one day.
My other hobby is visiting classic car shows. I’m a mature man and I like to be independent, I do go out on my own but it would be fun to find a friend to come on adventures with me, someone who shares my interests and I can have a good chat with."
Could you be Steven's volunteer buddy?
We are looking for a volunteer who is:
- Knowledgeable and interested in different cultural activities
- Friendly, chatty and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Discovery volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Discovery volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply on website' below.