Do you enjoy going to the theatre to see a show or watching a film at the cinema?
The people we support in the Castle Cary area love nothing more than going out for the evening or an afternoon and would love some company and to communicate about the film or show they have seen!
Your ticket would be paid for and you can meet them at the venue. The first stage would be to get to know the people we support and build up a rapport before your first trip.
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Interested in all types of film and theatre shows
- A clear communicator ,friendly and relaxed
- Reliable and willing to commit volunteer regularly
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Discovery volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
- Agreed expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Discovery volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply on website' below.