There are lots of women in our city that live in poverty, fear or hunger. We can change that and offer support, friendship, education and activity for those who need it most. Women from all over Greater Manchester benefit from the work we do regardless of race or background.
Dynamic Support of Greater Manchester is a small charity that exists to promote the benefit of all women and girls in Greater Manchester, but particularly BME women and girls and their dependents who are seeking Asylum or have been granted refugee status.
We do this by:
- The promotion of good health and well-being
- The provision of recreational facilities in the interest of social welfare
- Helping them face issues that impact on their quality of life
We also have ambitious plans to set up the SAWA BBQ social enterprise enabling women to develop work skills and learn about health and nutrition.
Our activities are designed to engage women in educational, cultural and skills-based activities to reduce isolation and improve their chances of employability. For the most socially isolated women this increase their confidence, self-esteem and involvement in the community. The support network quickly creates friendships and meaningful relationships that help improve the health and well-being of individuals.
We wish to recruit new members to join our Board of Trustees.
We need people who can help us achieve our mission and ensure that we are effectively managed. You will need to make a commitment to Dynamic Support of Greater Manchester and its principles and to have empathy with our aims and our beneficiaries, have independent judgment, and a willingness to speak your mind.
As well as meeting as a Board, individual Trustees are involved in other ways as their time permits. Ideally, new Trustees will have skills and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Business development, whether in the public, private or voluntary sectors.
- Networking, promotion, and relationship-building within and beyond Greater Manchester.
- Retail catering management and development.
- Sales, merchandising, marketing
- Legislation around business and charities.
Our current stage of growth is an exciting journey. We hope you can travel with us!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.