Due to Covid-19 all our staff and volunteers are working remotely. This role will be a work from home remote role until further notice.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch Ealing is an independent organisation set up to champion the views of health and social care service users. It strives to make sure that health and social care services are meeting local needs and to ensure that the public’s voice is heard regarding how local services are run. Healthwatch Ealing also makes sure that the public is informed on any plans to change those services, and in identifying gaps in services.
About the Role
Healthwatch is an organisation which has previously benefitted from the participation of its young volunteers in influencing the provision of Health & Social care services across the county. This includes the commissioning of a video production on sexual health and sponsorship of the youth parliament process. Healthwatch Ealing now envisages the creation of new roles and opportunities for young volunteers across the county as representatives of their peers in the Health & Social care sector.
Now is the right time for young people to become more actively and directly involved in health and social care projects through Healthwatch, such as the Healthy Schools Initiative and Youth Parliament. There will also be shadowing opportunities at senior committee and board level meetings, accompanying Healthwatch liaison representatives at a strategic level.
- Attend relevant events in youth representative role and shadow Healthwatch Ealing liaison volunteers and staff at strategic level in the NHS and County Council
- Provide advice to the Healthwatch Ealing staff on strategic influencing opportunities to raise the profile of Healthwatch Ealing to young people and all aspects of youth welfare
Is this the right role for me?
- Strong desire to see young people involved in decision making about raising standards of Health & Social care service provision
- Tact coupled with strong communication skills
- Commitment to personal progression and openness to diversity