PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS A PART TIME VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP ROLE
- Part Time, 2-3 Months Internship
- Reasonable Expences will be paid (e.g. Travel and Lunch)
Eastside Youth is a new youth work charity, that started in January 2017 and has recently become a registered charity and is based in East London aiming to change the lives of young people and has been set up in response to the massive and severe funding cuts and closures of youth services across East London, leaving young people with lack of services and feeling isolated in a time where young people already feel segregated from society with no real voice.
#YouthWorkChangesLives and at Eastside Youth we aim to facilitate that change by giving young people aged 11 to 25 years old based in East London the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social and educational well-being.
We are looking for a part time Charity Management Volunteer Intern to join our Charity and to help us in providing management of our charity to get increase its reach and make it a bigger success, helping to ensure that we provide quality youth services to young people that will change their lives.
We are seeking a candidate who is very productive, enthusiastic, approachable, friendly and solution focused, who is able to get things done with little supervision and who can work well alone or within the wider team. You must be able to manage your own time effectively, as well as your own workloads.
This role offers an amazing opportunity for someone interested in a youth work charity, and in a senior or management positon or a new charity where they will be able to add real value and have an input from the start, seeing how they can help grow a charity.
Duties vary but involve managment of our charity and whatever duties that may include, from line managing people (volunteers) to ensuring the growth and development of the charity to supporting our Volunteer CEO in his role and duties.
Eastside Youth Offers:
1. A great opportunity to make this role your own and be part of an amazing team and organisational culture, shaping a new charity that will make a big impact in the community and to the lives of young people.
2. An opportunity to get hands on experience in a role that will look great on your CV and provide you with professional and personal development opportunities.
3. A reference for any future employer or training course.
4. Travel and Lunch expences paid.
5. Joining us is so much more than just a volunteer role, you will be joining a family, a team, a community.
To apply email us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP