Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS MAINLY BASED IN TOWER HAMLETS - E2
Volunteer Position: Lead Youth Worker for LGBT+ Youth Groups
Hours and Time: 4-8 Hours per week, including Monday and Thursday evenings (6pm to 9pm) with additional duties outside of group time.
Location: Havering RM3 (Monday evenings) and Tower Hamlets E2 (Thursday evenings) with some home based work and meetings across East London
We are a new youth work charity in East London, called Eastside Youth, working to improve the quality of lives for young people aged 11 to 25 years old across all East London boroughs.
We have a huge passion for young people and helping to improve their lives and have setup our charity in response to the massive and severe funding cuts to youth services and closures of youth projects across East London, leaving young people with a lack of positive things to do and feeling isolated alone and having nowhere else to turn in a time where young people already feel segregated from society with no real voice.
What Duties Will You Be Involved In?
• To coordinate and run the LGBT+ youth groups at Eastside Youth for young people aged 11-25 years old.
• To organise and facilitate youth work based activities and sessions that are relevant to the needs of young LGBT+ people. Including sessions related to their sexuality or gender identity.
• To ensure all session recording information and evidence is gathered.
• To promote and recruit young people and volunteers into the youth group.
• To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of young people and fellow team members.
• To give young people ownership of their project and giving them a key voice in our charity and how we are run.
• To supervise volunteer youth workers, coaching and supporting them to be a talented resource.
• Other youth worker and leadership duties and tasks relevant to your role.
Who We Are Looking For?
• Enthusiastic, friendly and bags of energy.
• Self-motivated, organised and hands on.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Desirable experience working with young people or running activities but not essential.
• Ability and confidence to engage, motivate, inspire young people, retain their interest in the project and Eastside Youth and ability to build trust.
• Ability to lead, run the youth group and ensure it’s a success.
What Does Eastside Youth Offer In Return?
• Opportunity to be part of an energetic and driven team.
• Growth opportunities, we are a rapidly expanding new youth work charity that’s changing and developing.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.
• Support from Eastside Youth to develop existing and new skills and experiences, that will look great on your CV.
• Influencing Eastside Youth structure and goals, making this role your own.
• A reference for any future employer or training course.
• And most importantly, making a positive difference to the lives of young people and their future development.
Like what you hear? Apply now!
Send your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP