Are you a passionate individual, motivated to ensure that young people are able to access opportunities to in order to widen their horizons? Are you inspired by the idea of empowering young with the resources and networks to needed to become leaders in their communities? if so, you've come to the right place!
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Partnerships Officer (volunteer) to welcome into our team. This volunteer role is currently remote and we are seeking someone who can commit 5-8 hours per week (flexible, and can be done during the day/evening/weekend). As part of the management team, you will work closely with the CEO to identify strategic partnerships, widen our presence and ensure that we grow in our ability to transform the lives of young people through opportunities and networking.
Who are We?
Eastside Youth was established in January 2017 in East London as a response to the severe funding cuts and closures made to youth services across the city, leaving young people with lack of support and feeling isolated in a time where young people already feel segregated from society and with no real voice. #YouthWorkChangesLives and at Eastside Youth we aim to facilitate that change by giving young people aged 11 to 25 based in East London the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities, and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social, and educational well-being.
Eastside Youth aims to work in partnership with local councils, housing associations, and youth and community organisations and services that work with young people to fill the gaps in service provision where there is identified need in the hope to ensure young people have access to much needed youth work and youth development services.
At Eastside Youth we believe it is our job to create a strong, responsive, and imaginative youth charity that puts young people at the heart of what we do, giving them a voice and ownership of Eastside Youth and facilitating them to learn and achieve by providing the tools and opportunities to contribute to their communities and the wider world.
We hope you will join us at Eastside Youth and we look forward to hopefully working with you in the future to make positive change in young people’s lives.
What Are Your Key Duties
Main Task: To focus on identifying, developing and securing partnerships with a variety of external stakeholders including those based in the corporate sector, local authorities, education providers as well as local and national charities.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead in the strategic identification of prospective partners and the preparation of communication documents to enable regular and effective engagement
- Highlight strategic opportunities with local and regionally aligned organizations
- The ability to work with other volunteers and teams internally, especially the CEO, as well as using your own initiative to work proactively
Fundraising, Marketing and External Relationships
- To promote the empowerment activities at Eastside Youth, including advertising, publicising via social media, flyering and outreach, including school assemblies and other youth projects.
- Develop opportunity partnerships with medium to large scale organizations in order to create access opportunities for young persons at Eastside youth.
- Build strong working relationships with member organisations, including mapping opportunities
- Support in preparing text for fundraising programmes and external facing literature
- Liaise with wide-scope of community based organizations in order to raise the profile of Eastside Youth events, and raise funds / sales
- Seek new press and PR opportunities for Eastside Youth events online and offline
- Raise the organisation’s public and sector-wide profile through attendance at events
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with excellent written skills
- Provide insight and expertise into the management of social media presence in order to further front-facing identity
- Support in existing partnership work, including guiding Brunel University Student, alongside CEO.
- Provide support in creating case studies and dissemination materials for programmes with Programme Lead in order to share learning with a breadth of organisations
General Organisational Development
- To make a positive contribution to the improvement and overall development of Eastside Youth as an active member of our team.
- To follow all Eastside Youth policies and procedures, including safeguarding, confidentiality and equality and diversity.
- To undertake tasks as requested by Chief Executive Officer.
Who We Are Looking For
- Experience of developing partnerships and successfully cultivating stakeholder relationships to create direct exposure opportunities and program collaborations
- Experience developing online materials, for example websites and social media
- Organisational ability and track record of delivering projects to deadlines with multiple partners
- Ideally, experience preparing copy, for example grant sponsorship text and materials
- Experience establishing and maintaining contacts, for example with press and PR organisations
- Communication strategy experience, for example creating campaigns and programmes
- Ability to organise and support work from multiple partners to deliver agreed goals • Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people - Media and interview skills
- Passionate about youth empowerment – demonstrated through previous employment, qualifications, volunteering or personal interests
- Self-motivating, self-managing and self-monitoring
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Highly developed networking and interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain cross-organisational networks, including at a senior level
- Innovative thinking and aptitude for developing creative fundraising and business opportunities
- A flexible, professional and collaborative approach
What You Get from Volunteering With Us At Eastside Youth
- On the job experience.
- An opportunity to enhance your current skills and gain new ones.
- An opportunity to get involved in other areas of interest while at Eastside Youth.
- FREE DBS - Police Check.
- Access to training and development opportunities to help you grow, develop and expand your horizons.
- Opportunities for promotion within the organisation or side stepping into other areas.
- A reference for any employer/educational institution after satisfactory completion of 6 month’s commitment at Eastside Youth.
- Interview with CEO and Head of Ops
Part-time hours: 5-8 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Salary: £0.00 per year