- Are you 16-25 years old?
- Live, Work or Study in East London?
- Can you spare a few hours per month to volunteer for a new youth work charity that aims to help young people across East London by providing positive youth services?
- Can you help us create an amazing youth work charity for all young people?
Eastside Youth is a fun and exciting youth work charity with a close knit and passionate team that really care about developing young people and enhancing their lives. Our mantra is #YouthWorkChangesLives and we really believe that our aim is to create active and empowered young people who are ready to change their world and the world around them.
Founded in January 2017 our East London based charity was set up in response to the massive and severe funding cuts and closures of youth services across East London, leaving young people with a lack of services and feeling isolated in a time where young people already feel segregated from society with no real voice.
Our youth work aims to give young people aged between 11 and 25 years old the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social and educational well-being.
We are looking for young people to help us shape and develop our new youth work charity and join us in the brand new role of Youth Ambassador, where you will attend monthly meetings, give your ideas, suggestions and feedback, help us set up and organise activities and projects for young people to attend, help us fundraise, help us promote the charity and increase awareness to reach out to other young people, recruit volunteers, attend internal and external meetings and events, help us grow the charity so that we are one of the best youth work charities in the world.
You will be the voice of young people and have massive input and say in the charity including working with our fantastic Founder and CEO and Board of Trustees and Team to make a fantastic youth work organisation where young people have ownership of Eastside Youth.
We need young people who;
1. Can attend monthly meetings usually held in Bethnal Green or Whitechapel, one evening a month between 6pm and 9pm, or a weekend daytime and is willing to put in the time, actively taking part.
2. Turns up to every meeting and on time.
3. Are willing to help us create an amazing youth work charity for young people.
4. Are confident to speak about their ideas, suggestions and able to promote our new charity to others.
5. Wants to help us make a difference to the lives of young people.
Benefits of volunteering with us include but not limited to;
1. An opportunity to really help shape our new organisation.
2. On the job experience that looks great on your CV.
3. Experience of working within a charitable and youth organisation.
4. Making a huge difference to volunteer and young people’s lives.
5. Training to help you grow and develop in the role.
6. Reference for future employers or educational courses.
7. A chance to build and shape the culture of our organisation.
8. So much more than just a volunteer role.
To apply for this volunteer role, you will need to be aged 16-25 years old. Please email us your CV (if you have one) and we will get in touch with further info.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP or Instagram: @Eastside_Youth_Charity
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371