Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS MAINLY BASED IN TOWER HAMLETS - E2
Exciting opportunities to join our new and rapidly expanding funky, dynamic, fast-paced, fun loving, ever changing youth work charity in East London.
Are you enthusiastic with a passion for working with young LGBT+ people and keen to develop new skills?
Do you enjoy working with young people and are passionate about building their future experiences and opportunities, while having a huge input into how we as a charity make positive.
Yes? Then why not join us? Eastside Youth is a new youth work charity, that started in January 2017 and is based in East London aiming to change the lives of young people and has been set up in response to the massive and severe funding cuts and closures of youth services across East London, leaving young people with lack of services and feeling isolated in a time where young people already feel segregated from society with no real voice.
#YouthWorkChangesLives and at Eastside Youth we aim to facilitate that change by giving young people aged 11 to 25 years old based in East London the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social and educational well-being.
We are looking for volunteers to join our team as a Youth Support Worker for a few hours per month (one Thursday evening each month 6pm to 9pm in Bethnal Green, Tower Hamlets) for the re-launch of the Colours LGBT+ Youth Group. You will be responsible for engaging young LGBT+ people aged 16 to 25 years old, organising and running activities and sessions relevant to the needs of young people, providing support and guidance and other activities to ensure the smooth running of our youth group.
You dont need previous youth work experience but you do need to be non judgemental, approachable, bubbly and friendly, able to engage young people, including those who have no confidence or self esteem, excellent time management, able to plan and organise activities and to able have excellent presentation and communication skills.
Time Commitment & Work Location:
This role would ideally be approx. 3-6 hours per month commitment (One Thursday evening each month 6-9pm), other 3 hours for promoting the group, attending meetings and also supporting the development of the youth group and Eastside Youth.
Who We Are Looking For?:
• Positive and solution focused
• Self motivated and hands on
• Organised with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Desirable but not essential previous experience of working with young people, ideally within a youth work setting, or relevant transferable skills
• Desirable qualification in youth work or relevant transferable qualifications
• Ability to motivate, inspire and gain trust of both young people and team members, as well as key stakeholders
Eastside Youth Offers:
• Opportunity to be part of an energetic and driven team.
• Growth opportunities, we are a rapidly expanding new youth work charity that’s changing and developing.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.
• Support from Eastside Youth to develop existing and new skills and experiences, that will look great on your CV.
• Influencing Eastside Youth structure and goals, making this role your own.
• A reference for any future employer or training course.
• And most importantly, making a positive difference to the lives of young people and their future development.
Like what you hear? Apply now!
Send your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP