Eastside Youth - Volunteer Youth Worker
Eastside Youth is a new youth work charity taking a fresh approach to youth work and providing support to the varied and diverse youth communities of East London. We are an experienced team of youth workers and people with experience in other areas who are passionate about helping young people become confident, informed and empowered to be proud of who they are as unique individuals.
Eastside Youth is a youth-led youth service designed to transform the lives of young people aged between 11 and 25 years old. We believe that #YouthWorkChangesLives and that’s exactly what we aim to do.
We may be small and new but we have huge ambitions to meet the high needs of young people across East London.
We are looking for a pool of volunteers we can call upon when needed who will join us as volunteer Youth Workers.
Description of Tasks:
- To support the Youth Work team and our Partners with the overall running of sessions at Eastside Youth and maintaining a fun, welcoming, caring and safe environment.
- To supervise spaces, ensuring the furnishings and equipment are used appropriately and that young people are safe.
- To engage with young people attending Eastside Youth, building relationships of respect and trust.
- To share important information about young people using Eastside Youth with the Youth Work team and to assist with signposting young people to appropriate agencies and services depending on their particular issues.
- To assist with dispersing young people safely and quietly from Eastside Youth.
- To be part of the Eastside Youth team and to promote our ethos within Eastside Youth and externally.
- To maintain a professional, safe and non-judgemental environment for the young people attending Eastside Youth and to report any accidents or incidents to the Youth Work team.
- To fulfil any other duties considered reasonable as directed by the Youth Work team.
Description of Tasks: Programme Youth Support (in addition to the tasks above)
- To arrive up to 30 minutes prior to the start of the session in order to assist with set up and to encourage young people locally to join the activity.
- To assist with engaging young people in the session, providing support to those who need it.
- To build a good relationship with the Lead Youth Worker and the team.
- To assist with the de-brief and clean-up of the activity.
- To feedback to the youth workers on any successes and areas for development from the session.
We are looking for motivated, energetic and enthusiastic volunteers. You will have excellent listening skills and the ability to empathise. As you will build relationships with young people it is important that you are reliable and ideally you will be able to volunteer for at least six to twelve months on a regular basis. All applicants must be 18 or over.
What can we offer?
- We aim to provide a meaningful experience for you as a volunteer.
- You will have a full induction followed by the right training and ongoing support.
- You will have a named supervisor and there will be opportunities for regular feedback so you can track your progress and work towards meeting your particular goals.
- You will be prioritised for any further training we have on offer.
- We will provide you with an honest reference after a minimum of six months commitment to the charity.
- We can promise a safe environment without discrimination and a supportive space to be in.
All volunteers will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and to supply references. Volunteers must be 18 or over.
Interested in joining our amazing team? Then why not send us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form for you to complete the process.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP and Instagram @Eastside_Youth_Charity
Eastside Youth is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No: 1176371
Contact us and see how #YouthWorkChangesLives