Treasurer (and Trustee) (Volunteer Position) – Approx. 6hrs each month
We are a start-up young people’s youth development and education charity based in London that are passionate about helping disadvantaged young Londoners to transform their lives and to succeed in life. Our overreaching goal is to prepare young Londoners to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood and achieve their full potential.
We will do this by providing a range of fun, interactive and structured programmes, training workshops and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves, increase their skills and resilience and help divert young people heading down the wrong path.
We need a Volunteer to join us as Treasurer (and Trustee) to join our Board of Trustees and to assist in the set-up of Elevate Youth, especially the financial management, which will include:
- Ensuring that Elevate Youth operates within the legal framework and financial guidelines set out in current legislation and by the Charity Commission.
- Ensuring that adequate financial controls are in place and that Elevate Youth operates within a sound financial framework.
- Ensuring that grants and other funds received for specific purposes are appropriately spent.
- Identifying any financial risks facing the organisation and recommend appropriate action.
- Preparing annual budgets, forecasts, cash flow projections and financial statements.
- Providing accurate financial reports to funders, the Board of Trustees, The Charity Commission, and other relevant bodies, ensuring that Elevate Youth complies with each individual’s requirements, following good practice guidelines and legal requirements.
- To set up and create financial monitoring records and systems, lead on the opening of our bank account, HMRC registration and support with financial data and information for funding bids and the 3-year strategy.
- Other Trustee and Treasurer duties and tasks required to set up and run a small charity.
You MUST have previous experience in UK Accounting, ideally in charities but not essential.
Come Join Our Team!!!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
POSITIVELY CHANGE YOUNG LIVES