Would you like to feel rewarded and become a Health and Wellbeing buddy? Do you want to help others? Would you like to provide support to carers and their families in managing and preventing health conditions?
If so, we now have an exciting opportunity and are looking for your help.
We are looking for someone for a minimum of 2 hours per week that can help with reducing social isolation, improving social skills, confidence and self-esteem, physical and mental health, and helping to self-manage long term health challenges.
- Visit / contact client regularly, approx. 2 hours per week over a maximum 12-week period.
- Help Client to develop a simple support plan and work with client to achieve outcomes.
- Build a relationship and establish a rapport at their own pace.
- Establish and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Work with the client to set achievable goals as desired outcomes.
- Encourage client to attend peer support activities both online and in the community.
- Accompany client on outings and provide moral support.
- Plan future activities with client.
- Record progress and take part in monitoring & evaluation.
- Maintain regular contact with Wellbeing Officer and communicate any concerns promptly.
Do you have these skills and knowledge?
- Patient and Sensitive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliability, consistency, and dependability.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Knowledge of local social, leisure and educational facilities would be ideal, but not essential.
- Understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection.
Benefits that you will get from volunteering with us
- Free on-going training and support.
- Free DBS check.
- Free on-site parking.
- All expenses covered.
- References given after 6 months service.
- Being part of a great team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.