We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative volunteer to develop content for all our social media platforms. You will work across all our campaigns, helping to end slavery at sea and illegal fishing; protect climate refugees and halt the climate crisis; prevent the harm caused by the fast fashion industry, and conserve wildlife and forests.
You will work closely with our communications, fundraising and film teams to produce engaging social media posts and videos that inspire people to take positive action for people and planet. You will also have the chance to work with our campaigners, sourcing the best stories to share on social media and raising the profile of our work. You will have access to EJF’s outstanding catalogue of images to creatively tell our stories.
Why volunteer for EJF?
You will gain valuable experience in digital communications at a dynamic and high-impact charity. You will be given the chance to think creatively, trying out new ideas. This is a great opportunity to be part of a friendly team working to secure environmental justice.
Dynamic, agile and effective, the Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is working to secure a world where natural habitats and environments can sustain, and be sustained by, the communities that depend upon them for their basic needs and livelihoods.
The role is voluntary for a period of 3 months+, minimum of 1 day per week. Based in either London or Bath, local (Bath / Bristol) travel costs or travel within London will be paid together with a lunch allowance. Remote working and flexibility are possible for the right candidate.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to write engaging posts tailored for different audiences across all our social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Creativity to use EJF’s existing material to engage new audiences.
- Commitment to EJF’s goals of protecting people and planet.
- Write posts for all our social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Write scripts for short social media videos
- Report on the success of social media posts and strategies with a view to improving engagement.
- Develop new ideas for how to raise EJF’s profile with digital communications.