Volunteer Graphic Designer
Could you help a small but ambitious health charity to
engage our audiences by creating compelling digital assets for us to use across our website, social media, promote all social platforms?
What will you be doing?
You will primarily be responsible for applying creative designs across a range of medias, including website, reports, leaflets, brochure and magazines.
· Review and re-vamp website look and feel, brand and/or logo
· Designing Flyer, poster, presentation, brochure, and impact statement
· Image templates for sharing content on social media
· Infographics: transforming our content into impact visuals.
· A library of license-free stock images we can use
· Web-ready images for us to use on our website and social media
· Designing eShots and online adverts
· Designing and producing marketing and promotional materials
What are we looking for?
Skills and competencies
· You will be able to evidence sound experience and use of Adobe Creative Suite
· Skilled in designing new material that fits our target audience
· Proven graphic designing experience
You will have a well-executed portfolio demonstrating excellent design principles in layout and typography
· You will have the ability to quickly understand the needs of our team / organisation / users and can ask key questions to enable us to clarify requirements
· Understands the resource constraints of a small charity and is able to work with these
What difference will you make?
It wouldn't surprise us if you've not heard of FASD Awareness but we know first-hand the impact it has on those living with FASD and their parents and carers and the challenges they face even with getting accurate diagnosis, let alone support.
We know what we're good at and part of that is putting together a really strong team of individuals who are equally great at what they do. The right creative designer will enable us to focus on a future of awareness raising, better recognition, diagnosis and support of the effects of this condition.
This new role is a fabulous opportunity to work with a small but ambitious charity.
You could gain experience in the charity sector, new design skills, a broader C.V, or simply the fulfilment that comes from using your professional skills to help people.
All of the work can be done remotely, but we would appreciate regular updates and remote meetings as needed so we know you are getting the support you need
What's in it for the volunteer?
The Graphic Design volunteer would have the chance to work with an amazing team of passionate people and to be involved in the growth of a relatively new organisation.