How to apply
About the opportunity
FoodCycle’s Project Leaders are the inspirational volunteers that keep our projects running. If you’ve been to a FoodCycle Project, you will have encountered at least one Project Leader, leading the sessions and making sure that everyone enjoys the meal and the company.
From all age groups, backgrounds, and occupations, our Project Leaders are all united by their passion to make something amazing happen in their community.
You will be responsible for:
- Running cooking and / or hosting sessions, leading a team of volunteers to create a three-course meal and a warm envirnoment
- Ensuring the team are following our procedures connected with safeguarding and food safety
- Inducting new volunteers and showing them how a session worksinto the kitchen
- Being the point of contact for guest and volunteers during the shift
- Working and meeting with a group of other project leaders to ensure we are getting the most out of our project and achieving our charitable aims
- Completing the session checks and reporting on the session on the volunteer portal
- Communicating regularly with your regional manager if you require any support or have any issues
- Take on additional roles to support the project in aspects like: Fundraising, Social media and Guest Outreach, amongst others.
If you’re a good organiser, passionate about people and want to give back to your community we want you!
FoodCycle combines surplus food, volunteers and free kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community.
What are they looking for?
We are looking for passionate and committed people who hate food waste and want to make a positive difference in their community!
We ask that Project Leaders stay with us for a minimum of 9 months, to enable them to get the most out of the role. As Project Leader, you will be expected to:
- Attend a monthly Project Leader meeting to discuss as a team how things are going.
- Lead a minimum of one session per month
- Follow all FoodCycle policies and procedures
- Complete relevant training and a DBS check
- Complete the project report on our website after leading a session
The suggested minimum time commitment to your role is 6 hours a month.