Location: Borough, SE1 and/or home-based
Hours: Flexible (1-2 days negotiable)
Start date: ASAP
For Life is a small London-based charity working to support Thailand’s most vulnerable children. In association with our partner organisation in Thailand, we provide life-changing services to children with disabilities, many of whom have been separated from or abandoned by their families.
For Life raises funds, advocates for lasting change and recruits skilled volunteers to deliver much-needed services in Thailand.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and enthusiastic volunteer to support fundraising in our London office. The successful candidate will be flexible, resourceful and well-organised, with a “hands-on” approach to fundraising.
Tasks will include:
- Supporting the Managing Director in developing fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives
- Developing the charity’s online presence and social media channels
- Supporting community fundraising activities, including engagement with schools, churches, social groups etc.
- Engaging former volunteers to fundraise
- Researching and development of partnership opportunities
- Reviewing and supporting the development of in-house systems and processes
- Donor support and administration
- General office support
- Good computer skills and able to quickly pick up new online platforms, softwares and applications
- Able to use social media safely and effectively
- Previous experience in fundraising or in the charity sector preferred but not essential
- Positive and enthusiastic (even towards administrative tasks!)
- Be able to work with discretion and confidentiality
- Have good written and communication skills
- Happy to work in a small, “hands on” team
Whether you’re looking for experience in fundraising, or have simply have some time to spare and would like to support a good cause; please get in touch if you feel this role would suit you.
Informal interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates apply.