Social Media Volunteer – Role Description
We are looking for a bold and creative individual to join our expanding team of volunteers.
As our first Social Media Volunteer, you will expand GIS-E’s social media presence to new platforms whilst posting content on a weekly basis on our existing channels. This is a really exciting opportunity to manage and take lead of a project which you would not normally find in a larger/more developed organisation.
GIS-E is a non-profit organisation providing mapping and cartographic services to NGOs working in environmental sustainability and social development.
Our mission is to provide cartographic information that drives positive change.
We ensure that every map we create is distinctive and individual, in response to the specific aims of our partner organisations and their projects. The collaborative process we follow ensures close working and long-standing relationships with our partners.
Our knowledge and understanding of the resource and capacity challenges that NGOs face means we are sensitive to their needs and requirements and can offer pro bono services.
GIS-E is nothing without its incredible team of volunteers. Our volunteers give up their time and use their valuable skills to empower NGOs across the world. Becoming part of the GIS-E team not only develops and introduces you to a range of skills but also enables you to work with one of the most inspiring cross-sections of people and NGOs from across the world.
• Post and schedule content weekly on GIS-E’s social media feeds (updates of maps, partnerships or general content related to GIS and cartography).
• Contribute to the development of new social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
• Edit and help with the ongoing design and update of GIS-E’s website.
• Respond to comments and interact with followers to develop our online network.
• Develop social media strategies to expand GIS-E’s reach and impact through social media channels.
• Identify key social influencers who we can engage with.
Type of person required
• Able to demonstrate your success at managing social media channels for an organisation.
• Comfortable at ensuring that social media content remains within brand guidelines.
• Up-to-date with the latest trends/developments in social media communications.
• Able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and respond flexibly.
• Able to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to identify key influential external figures and agencies to further our social media reach and impact.
• Ability to find creative solutions to communications challenges.
• Someone who can work well as an individual and as part of a diverse team.
Things to note
• GIS-E’s team is made up entirely of volunteers and this role will not be paid.
• There is no set time commitment for this role (probably 1-2hrs per week maximum)
• GIS-E is a non-discriminatory organisation and recruitment is made on merit alone. There is no deadline for applications
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.