Global One is an international women-led charity in London which is currently recruiting interns for a new initiative in international development consulting. We are now expanding our consultancy branch and are looking for Research and Development Interns to support us in developing new innovative training programmes, workshops, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and other services for NGOs.
Research will be focused on sourcing key data and information about international development issues, best practices and practical frameworks for NGOs operating internationally. The successful individual will contribute in gathering the knowledge required to achieve the organisations’ strategic objectives and priorities. Main tasks will include:
- Conduct background research on key international development issues around SGD-agenda, Sphere Standards, humanitarian emergencies management, etc.
- Assist in developing interactive training courses of different lengths and structures about international development, management of NGOs and best practices for organisations in the sector
- Contribute in the writing up and publication of a ‘best practices for NGOs booklet’
- Develop practical frameworks documents and courses for NGO’s operations including; accessing institutional funding, conducting a Needs Assessment, carrying out Monitoring and Evaluation, etc.
- Support in marketing these programmes via social media, blogs and other media forms.
- After the initial three months, to potentially travel to different regions of the world to; deliver trainings, conduct monitoring and evaluation for our partners and expand our partnership range worldwide
- Any other task as required by the line manager
- Qualified to a degree level, preferably in International Development or related field
- Interesting in exploring the consulting realm of the NGO sector
- Fluent in English
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong academic knowledge and understanding and/or previous experience in international development and humanitarian emergencies
- Driven, motivated and has meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong sense of initiative, proactive thinking and ability to work under pressure.
- High energy with a friendly personality.
- Able to use the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Display initiative and responsibility, with a keen willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to create and innovate
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Previous experience with NGOs/international development agencies
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset due to ongoing cooperation with Arabic-speaking partners
This is a great opportunity for someone who has little professional experience but would like to upskill and/or improve his/her CV. We will fully cover expenses and subsistence.
This position can be full-time or part-time for either 3 or 6 months with possibility of extension depending on candidates’ performance. There might be opportunity for employment following the 6-month internship period. We are happy to discuss the interests and requirements of candidates at the interview stage.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter (one page maximum) outlining why you are suitable for the position.