Graeae is a force for change in world class theatre, led by Jenny Sealey MBE since 1997.
A human rights organisation at its heart, Graeae proudly cultivates and champions Deaf and disabled artists at all stages of their careers through touring productions (integrating the trademark ‘aesthetics of access’), a wide variety of training and learning programmes and by working with the wider sector to campaign for equality on UK and international stages.
Graeae are seeking new trustees to help steer and support the charity strategically into its 40th year and beyond.
Specifically, as a board member, we will invite you to use your skills, experience and attitude, to:
- Make a real difference to the future of theatre practice
- Help develop meaningful opportunities for disabled performers and creative practitioners
- Support the production of theatre which challenges perceptions and pushes boundaries
- Actively engage with the strategic decisions and planning necessary to ensure Graeae thrives
- Deepen understanding of the lives of people from a range of social backgrounds and cultures
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.