Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice are looking for Mini Marathon Marshals. Our Mini Marathon has become THE running event every child wants to be part of! Taking place in Royal Greenwich Park, by the famous London Marathon bandstand, it is a 2.62 mile sponsored fun run for children aged between 5 and 16 years old.
Sunday 12 May
8am – 12pm
Volunteer Role discerption
- The main role of the Marshal is to cheer on the runners as they go around the 2.62 mile route.
- They may also need to contact one of our medics if any runner requires medical assistance.
- Applicants must be 18 years old
Skills and personal qualities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to parents and children
- Flexible in their approach
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Enjoy working as part of a small working
- Professional and courteous manner
- Excellent time keeping
If you are interested in the above volunteering opportunity please complete an application and send to Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.