Purpose of the role:
To support the smooth running of Greyhound Trust events and local events by working alongside staff and other volunteers, to provide a friendly and helpful experience to our supporters and members of the public.
We hold several events to help us raise funds as well as increase awareness of our work. We also attend local community shows and fairs to fundraise for and promote Greyhound Trust.
- Welcome visitors to the event.
- Talk to members of the public enthusiastically about Greyhound Trust to raise awareness about our work.
- Encourage visitors at the event to take part in the activities on offer, including fundraising games, raffles and dog shows.
- Assist by running a fundraising activity stand.
- Help to set up the event by putting up banners, laying out display stands. Taking down and clearing up once finished.
- Offer appropriate Greyhound Trust publications and materials to the public.
- Answer general queries and direct any homing or other specific dog welfare/training questions to an appropriate member of staff.
- Cash handling.
Required skills & Competencies:
- Be aware of the aims and objectives of Greyhound Trust.
- Enthusiastic, confident and outgoing when interacting with people.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Diplomatic and considerate.
- Good numeracy skills and experience of handling money, giving change etc.
- Ability to following instructions, attend all briefings and any training sessions related to your role.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude and an understanding of confidentiality.
- A commitment to support the work of Greyhound Trust and represent Greyhound Trust in a positive way.