Groundlings Theatre is seeking individuals who are passionate about theatre to join our Board of Trustees.
As a charity, our Board is made up of volunteer trustees who have an important role in safeguarding and steering Groundlings Theatre Trust, to ensure the success of this newly formed charity. We are confident that joining our board will be a rewarding opportunity for new trustees to learn and to expand their networks, whilst supporting an arts charity.
We are open to applications from people who are new to trusteeship as well as those who are experienced trustees. Trustee training will be provided to successful candidates. We are open to all applications and in particular we welcome applications that can add any of the following perspectives to our board:
- Freelance theatre practitioner based in the south east or Isle of Wight
- Knowledge and current experience of Portsmouth’s community and voluntary sector
- Professional legal knowledge
- Audience development within the arts and culture arena
- Hospitality industry
- Working with children and safeguarding
- A strong track record in business or finance
- Experience of strategic leadership or public sector reform.
- Professional Personnel Management knowledge
- Business development through social media
- Professional Accounting Knowledge
For further information please see the attached information pack.
The term of commitment is 3 years. This is a voluntary unpaid position.
We think it is essential that the Board reflects the diversity of our population and encompasses a wide range of opinions and experiences. We especially welcome applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse communities, people with disabilities and people under the age of 35.
There is a rolling deadline for applications and interviews will take place week commencing 20 July
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.