Dementia Services Volunteer
We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteers to join the Guild Care team as Activity Facilitators.
This opportunity will involve overseeing, supporting, and creating events for the residents at our beautiful care home, Haviland House.
Activities might include baking and icing cakes, arts and crafts, reading, games, reminiscing and chatting, or gardening and walking in the gorgeous grounds surrounding Haviland. We are always open to suggestions of activities, so if you have a special talent, come and lead a class! There is also the opportunity to learn some new skills along with the residents.
This role is varied and will entail either working solely or working with another volunteer or Guild Care colleague. One day you might be helping a resident play an instrument, and the next you might be knitting!
Activities might include:
- Reading to a resident
- Reminiscing with a resident/residents
- Taking a resident on a walk in the garden
- Working with the Activity Coordinators
- Assisting with a mini-bus outing to a local attraction
- Assisting with a planned singing entertainer, magician or an armchair exercise visitor
- Volunteering at and organising a fundraising day for the Care Home
- Cake baking/decorating
- Arts and crafts
- Listening to/playing music