Patient Experience Volunteer
Due to Covid-19 all our staff and volunteers are working remotely. This role will be a work from home remote role until further notice.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch Bromley is an independent organisation set up to champion the views of health and social care service users. It strives to make sure that health and social care services are meeting local needs and to ensure that the public’s voice is heard regarding how local services are run. Healthwatch also makes sure that the public is informed on any plans to change those services, and in identifying gaps in services.
About the Role
Healthwatch Bromley collects feedback regarding service users' experiences of the health and social care system within the borough of Bromley. We listen to people from every part of our community and from this feedback we compile a report highlighting the key trends. This report is then submitted to the NHS & LAS providers who are obligated to respond, stating how they will address the issues raised.
Because our patient experience work puts us in direct contact with service users we also take the opportunity to make sure they are aware of the health and social care services available to them in their borough where appropriate.
- Providing support to the patients and their families/carers and listening carefully to their feedback
- Calling residents and service users to give them an opportunity to share their experience of the health and social care services.
- Collecting online reviews from Google, the NHS and Care opinion to use in our reports.
- When appropriate, signpost residents and service users to health and social care services within Bromley.
- When appropriate, signpost people to the Feedback centre and other organisations that can support people to feedback their experiences.
- Inputting patient experience feedback into our database
- Analyse patient experience feedback by identifying themes
- Researching potential partner organisations that will help us give more Bromley residents the chance to give their feedback on the health and social care experiences.
Is this role right for me?
We are looking for individuals who possess some or all of the below experiences, skills and qualities.
- Aged 18 or over
- A friendly approachable manner and good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Understanding of, or ability to learn, personal and professional boundaries
- An ability to relate well to people on a one to one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situation
- Basic IT literacy
- Sensitive and tactful
- Languages in addition to English are considered a plus.
Benefits of volunteering
- Enjoying the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people
- Increasing your confidence and learning new skills
- Using your experience with Healthwatch to develop your CV and seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment
- In house training opportunities including call handling and safeguarding.
- Reasonable travel and expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our Volunteer Policy