Research Project Volunteer
Due to Covid-19 all our staff and volunteers are working remotely. This role will be a work from home remote role until further notice.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch Bromley is an independent organisation set up to champion the views of health and social care service users. It strives to make sure that health and social care services are meeting local needs and to ensure that the public’s voice is heard regarding how local services are run. Healthwatch also makes sure that the public is informed on any plans to change those services, and in identifying gaps in services.
About the Role
Healthwatch Bromley is committed to trying to make changes to health and social care services that reflect the needs of the people in the local community. To do that, we establish projects looking into the key concerns and issues that have been reported to us by the general public.
We need the assistance of volunteers in these project groups to help us to look thoroughly at these issues. The project groups are practically focused and made up of people who have an interest in a particular area of health and social care.
Each project group undertakes specific pieces of work as per the work programme which is set by the Healthwatch Bromley committee. Our project groups continue beyond the completion of the work to ensure that actions are taken to make services better and address the points that Healthwatch has raised. The project groups are led by a member of the Healthwatch staff team, and regularly report back to the Healthwatch Trustee Board.
As a research project volunteer, you can get involved in several different activities to assist in the development of a project.
- Attend planning meetings and help develop a practical strategy for completing the project
- Read relevant consultation documents and reports
- Analyse service specifications
- Draft questionnaires
- Analyse findings of surveys
- Meet with NHS, social care staff and managers to collect information
- Draft recommendations as a result of the report.
Is this the right role for me?
We are looking for individuals who possess some or all of the below experiences, skills and qualities.
- Previous experience in research
- A demonstrable interest in one or more health and social care issues.
- A working understanding of IT and Microsoft office
- Experience with working with data
- Experience with report writing
- Able to give a minimum of 4 hours a week
Benefits of volunteering
- Enjoying the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people
- Increasing your confidence and learning new skills
- Using your experience with Healthwatch to develop your CV and seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment
- In house training opportunities including call handling and safeguarding.
- Reasonable travel and expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our Volunteer Policy