Marketing and Communications Volunteer
Due to Covid-19 all our staff and volunteers are working remotely. This role will be a work from home remote role until further notice.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch Ealing is an independent organisation set up to champion the views of health and social care service users. It strives to make sure that health and social care services are meeting local needs and to ensure that the public’s voice is heard regarding how local services are run. Healthwatch also makes sure that the public is informed on any plans to change those services, and in identifying gaps in services.
About the Role
Your Voice in Health and Social Care (YVHSC) is an active participant in the community. We deliver messages to the relevant people by the most appropriate means available and we along with Healthwatch Ealing work extensively to promote service access options and provide information and advice about local health and social care services.
Healthwatch Ealing are looking for a volunteer to support them in communicating important messages to the community through creative design of marketing materials and actively promoting the services and achievements of Healthwatch via their social media platforms.
- Designing and creating marketing materials
- Assisting in the creation and delivery of a marketing strategy with the operations manager that seeks to increase engagement with Healthwatch and its projects.
- managing multiple social media channels and their upload schedules.
- Updating the website with key information.
Is this the right role for me?
We are looking for individuals who possess some or all of the below experiences, skills and qualities.
- Design skills desired
- Comfortable with different social media platforms
- A working knowledge of WordPress/square space sites
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Self-motivation: ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative.
- Able to give regular commitment to the project.
- To undertake an induction and participate in other training as required by the role.
- A commitment to the project of at least 3 months.
Benefits of volunteering
- Enjoying the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people
- Increasing your confidence and learning new skills
- Using your experience with Healthwatch to develop your CV and seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment
- In house training opportunities including call handling and safeguarding.
- Reasonable travel and expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our Volunteer Policy