Due to Covid-19 all our staff and volunteers are working remotely. This role will be a work from home remote role until further notice.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch Ealing is an independent organisation set up to champion the views of health and social care service users. It strives to make sure that health and social care services are meeting local needs and to ensure that the public’s voice is heard regarding how local services are run. Healthwatch also makes sure that the public is informed on any plans to change those services, and in identifying gaps in services.
About the Role
Healthwatch Ealing require student ambassadors to engage with students, promoting the role of Healthwatch and encouraging all local people to become involved and have their voices heard.
We are seeking driven individuals, with a passion for improving health and social care. We are particularly interested in those individuals who have an interest in engaging with members of the community and students to gather information about people experiences of health and social care services.
- Organising and attending meetings as a Healthwatch Ealing representative with members of the student community. Aiming to gather their views on health and social care within Ealing.
- Representing Healthwatch Ealing at a variety of boards, meetings and groups and gather information to feedback to the Healthwatch Team.
- Promote Healthwatch Ealing’s work, encourage engagement and participation with its projects.
Is this role right for me?
We are looking for individuals who possess some or all, of the below experiences, skills and qualities.
- Must be a member of the student community
- Great communication skills
- Experience organising meetings/events
- An interest in health and social care issues.
Benefits of volunteering
- Enjoying the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people
- Increasing your confidence and learning new skills
- Using your experience with Healthwatch to develop your CV and seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment
- In house training opportunities including call handling and safeguarding.
- Reasonable travel and expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our Volunteer Policy