This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Help us ensure that we enable every community across Solihull to feedback on their experiences of using Health and Social Care services. Support Healthwatch Solihull to reach out into communities in our city, listen to diverse and vulnerable groups, and help make their voice known.
Community engagement takes place across all areas of Solihull borough (support with travel arrangements and out of pocket costs will be provided) and will involve working as part of a small team. Work will be carried out at different venues and locations including:
• Service user support groups, steering groups, meetings etc. accessed via our Third Sector partner organisations.
• Events: freshers fairs, open days etc.
• Public Venues: Hospitals, GP surgeries, Libraries, Community Centres etc
• Collecting people’s experiences of health and social care services, at focus group meetings and events.
• Helping to ensure those who are at risk of health inequalities are listened to, involved, and empowered to help influence better services
• Supporting investigations guided by our research team.
• Promoting Healthwatch Solihull within the community and raising awareness of our services.
WHAT ARE HEALTHWATCH SOLIHULL LOOKING FOR?
• Are passionate about working with the public in community settings and have a desire to improve health and social care services.
• Are enthusiastic about the work of Healthwatch Solihull
• Are interested in developing a career in health and social care and/or community work.
• Are able to communicate and work with a wide range of individuals.
• Can proactively approach individuals, building rapport and conversation.
• Are interested in ensuring that everyone’s stories are listened to and shared.
• Are keen to learn more about their local community and broaden their knowledge of health and social care systems.
• Understand diversity and are flexible in their approach to meeting the needs of a wide range of individuals.
• Want to promote equality and improve the health and wellbeing of their local community.
NB. Community Engagement Volunteer roles are subject to a DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.