HEALTHY LIVING CHARITY MANAGER
Happy - Healthy - Community
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VOLUNTARY POSITION
Healthy Hamlets is a small and innovative community healthy living project based in Tower Hamlets. We are a group of volunteers aiming to help the community to live more active and healthier lives through information and guidance, health and wellbeing sessions and so much more, giving people the skills, tools and confidence to improve their lives.
We are a start-up and now need a bright, super-organised, ‘Make it Happen’ person to become our Healthy Living Charity Manager (Volunteer/Unpaid Position), an organisational lynchpin who can manage multiple workstreams at fast pace and streamline our systems. You will have high standards, stamina, excellent people, presentation and communication skills and a ‘can-do’ approach.
The role involves managing Healthy Hamlets as the most senior person, reporting to the Board of Trustees, ensuring the smooth and effective day to day running of the project, from overseeing management of activities to line managing a small team of volunteers to developing Healthy Hamlets into a bigger, better and integral part of the Tower Hamlets community.
This is a great opportunity to become an indispensable part of a fantastic community project while doing a very important and worthwhile thing.
The role is voluntary and part-time (between 8 and 10hrs per week – flexible, in which you will manage your own workloads and that of your team, which can include daytimes, evenings and weekends, where the majority of our community engagement will take place) and you will need to:
- Ability to travel to Tower Hamlets, where our work will be taking place.
- Be available occassional evenings and weekends when most people volunteer and the majority of our work is carried out.
- Be efficient with people management and managing projects.
- To provide leadership and be the most senior person reporting to the Board of Trustees and be responsible for managing day to day of Healthy Hamlets.
- Working with the Trustees to develop long term strategy, budget and business planning to ensure the future growth and development of Healthy Hamlets.
- To ensure that Healthy Hamlets complies with charity law and legislation.
- Being the public face, and an ambassador for Healthy Hamlets.
- Build positive and lasting relationships with key stakeholders, businesses and the media within Tower Hamlets, to show what an asset the project is.
- Motivating and engaging volunteers and stakeholders.
- Fundraising activities and bid writing to generate income.
We are seeking a well organised, proactive, solution focused individual who has amazing people and communication skills. Experience in community/public health or within community/charity work is desirable but not essential. You must have the abilities and skills of a good leader, with the ability to lead from the front in making our community project even bigger and better and recognised as an important part of the Tower Hamlets community.
If you have the skills, qualities and abilities to coordinate and run our small community healthy living project that helps the community of Tower Hamlets to live more active and healthy lives then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for an Application Form, please email us and we will email you a short application form for you to complete and email back to us. If you are successful from the application form, you will be invited to take part in an initial telephone interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.