Happy - Healthy - Community
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VOLUNTARY POSITION
Healthy Hamlets is a small and innovative community healthy living project based in Tower Hamlets. We are a group of volunteers aiming to help the community to live more active and healthier lives through information and guidance, health and wellbeing sessions and so much more, giving people the skills, tools and confidence to improve their lives.
We are re-launching and making some key improvements and changes and now need a bright, super-organised, ‘Make it Happen’ person to become our Volunteer Coordinator (Volunteer/Unpaid Position), an organisational lynchpin who can manage multiple workstreams at fast pace and streamline our systems. You will have high standards, stamina, excellent people, presentation and communication skills and a ‘can-do’ approach.
The role involves recruiting and selecting potential volunteers into Healthy Hamlets ensuring we have the needed talent to keep the project going within the community and includes writing and placing adverts, drafting role descriptions, sending application packs out, dealing with calls, emails and correspondence, data input, filing, leading on the initial telephone interviews to ensure candidates are a right fit for what we are looking for and to prepare new starters into Healthy Hamlets, including facilitating inductions and placing general volunteers into needed roles.
This is a great opportunity to become an indispensable part of a fantastic community project while doing a very important and worthwhile thing.
The role is voluntary and part-time (between 4 and 8hrs per week – flexible, in which you will manage your own workload, which can include daytimes, evenings and weekends, where the majority of our community engagement will take place) and you will need to:
- Have your own computer and internet access.
- Work from home (until we secure our new office but be willing to attend meetings and sessions in Tower Hamlets, in E1, E2, E3 or E14).
- Be available occassional evenings and weekends when most people volunteer and the majority of our work is carried out.
- Be efficient with Microsoft Office, Wordpress, Mailchimp and Eventbrite.
- To coordinate Healthy Hamlets Volunteering Programme, where you will play an integral part of the team and instil the organisational culture of community and team work/team spirit, creating a fun and rewarding organisational culture that really are about each other and the community it serves.
- To recruit, select and induct new volunteers into Healthy Hamlets, ensuring that they are fully trained up, motivated and empowered to make a difference, while also keeping volunteers engaged and to stay with us for a longer term, by leading on volunteer team meetings and award ceremonies, as well as regular social based activities.
- Working with the Project Manager and Programme Manager to develop long term plans, strategy, and action plans to ensure the future growth and development of Healthy Hamlets.
- To ensure that Healthy Hamlets complies with charity law and legislation.
- Being a public face, and an ambassador for Healthy Hamlets.
- Build positive and lasting relationships with key stakeholders, businesses and the media within Tower Hamlets, to show what an asset the project is.
- Motivating and engaging volunteers and stakeholders, ensuring we are the place to be to volunteer.
- Fundraising activities and bid writing to generate income.
We are seeking a well organised, proactive, solution focused individual who has amazing people and communication skills. Experience in volunteer management or within community/charity work is desirable but not essential. You must have the abilities and skills of a good leader, with the ability to lead from the front in making our community project even bigger and better and recognised as an important part of the Tower Hamlets community.
If you have the skills, qualities and abilities to build an amazing volunteering programme, recruiting and selecting an amazing pool of volunteers and then keeping them fully motivated and engaged then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for an Application Form, please email us and we will email you a short application form for you to complete and email back to us. If you are successful from the application form, you will be invited to take part in an initial telephone interview.