Arts and Crafts Facilitator Volunteer (Brent)
Are you creative? Would you like to support others to express their emotions through arts and crafting?
Art plays a valuable role in mental wellbeing with research showing that crafting, regardless of the medium you use can boost your mood, self-confidence and reduce stress overall.
What you will be doing
- To prepare arts and craft sessions, involving individuals in the planning process where possible
- Inspire and motivate individuals to develop their arts and craft skills, assisting them in the creation of their projects and supporting them to brainstorm and use their own initiative
- Encourage individuals to continue independent activities
The skills you need
- Experience of arts and/or crafts either in a professional, educational, or personal level
- Able to collaborate with individuals to plan an art group session and facilitate confidently
- A calm and patient manner
- Ability to provide a trusting, open, kind-hearted atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
- An effective communicator with a patient and sympathetic nature
What's in it for you
- Supporting You - You will have a dedicated volunteer supervisor to support you in your role; Quarterly volunteer forums with the central Volunteering team and volunteers across Hestia; References for job applications
- Developing You - You will gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Mental Health; You will have access to our extensive Learning and Development Programme; 40% of our departed volunteers secured a paid role at Hestia last year!
- Valuing You - We hold annual Volunteer Awards and Celebration events; We reimburse travel expenses and up to £5 for lunch for your volunteering; We hold social events and outings for our volunteers to get together and have some fun
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.