We are looking for digital champions to deliver a series of in person workshops in our services in South-East London and in West London. The workshop will be delivered to our service user who would like to improve their skills to engage in a pilot of hybrid service delivery.
What you will be doing
- To collaborate with staff to design a format for a series of workshops to support service users with tasks like setting up a new device, creating and using email, being able to join and initiate a call on Zoom or Teams, using WhatsApp.
- Support service users in building their confidence, self-esteem and familiarity using digital technology.
- To support service users with changing setting to help them remain safe and maintain privacy when online.
The skills you need
- Some knowledge of technology, including programs and apps, and how they adapt on different platforms, is desired.
- Awareness of the needs of a diverse community, including people experiencing mental health problems, older people and people with disabilities
- Confident in passing on digital skills in a friendly and supportive manner.
- Approachable, patient and able to remain calm.
- Understanding the challenges faced by those who are not confident with technology.
What's in it for you
- Supporting You - You will have a dedicated volunteer supervisor to support you in your role; Quarterly volunteer forums with the central Volunteering team and volunteers across Hestia; References for job applications
- Developing You - You will gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Mental Health; You will have access to our extensive Learning and Development Programme; 40% of our departed volunteers secured a paid role at Hestia last year!
- Valuing You - We hold annual Volunteer Awards and Celebration events; We reimburse travel expenses and up to £5 for lunch for your volunteering; We hold social events and outings for our volunteers to get together and have some fun
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.