NEW SERVICE! The Folkestone Haven will support people who are experiencing a self-defined mental health crisis and will be open 365 days for people from across the whole of Folkestone & Hythe District. It will provide a welcoming, friendly and non-stigmatising environment for each individual’s needs. The service is open from 18:00 – 23:00 (Mon-Fri) and 12:00 – 23:00 (Sat / Sun & bank holidays)
We are looking for passionate and committed volunteers to support our new service, the Folkestone Haven, which supports people who are experiencing a self-defined mental health crisis
Are you an empathetic and welcoming individual, who can support individuals in crisis to feel more at ease?
If so we would love to hear from you!
Please note - You can volunteer if:
- you’re well
- nobody in your household has coronavirus symptoms, for example a cough or high temperature
- you’re under 70
- you’re not pregnant
- you do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus (please see government website for further information)
We are looking for friendly and welcoming volunteers to welcome and greet people who visit the Folkestone Haven and to provide administrative support to the staff
- Welcome and greet customers that have come to the Folkestone Haven supporting them to feel at ease.
- Explain the signing in and out process and briefly explain the service and the layout of the building to new customers
- Escort the customers to an area of the service which best meets their aspirations at the time which could be a quiet space, an ongoing activity or engaging with staff.
- Covering the reception area and supporting with administrative tasks such as keeping a log of visitors
- Be available to chat to customers who have just arrived
For more information about Hestia, this opportunity and our extensive benefits with volunteering at Hestia please see our volunteers pack attached to this advert!
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact us via our website
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with our volunteers and fairly assessed.
Location: Folkestone Town Centre
Hours: Flexible –Opening hours are evenings and Weekend Monday to Sunday.
At Hestia, we support adults and children across London in times of crisis.
Last year we worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.