NEW SERVICE! The Folkestone Haven will support people who are experiencing a self-defined mental health crisis and will be open 365 days for people from across the whole of Folkestone & Hythe District. It will provide a welcoming, friendly and non-stigmatising environment for each individual’s needs. The service is open from 18:00 – 23:00 (Mon-Fri) and 12:00 – 23:00 (Sat / Sun & bank holidays)
We are looking for passionate and committed volunteers to support our new service, the Folkestone Haven, which supports people who are experiencing a self-defined mental health crisis
Are you a keen cook who enjoys cooking for large amounts of people and would like to support our new service the Folkestone Haven?
If so we would love to hear from you!
Please note - You can volunteer if:
- you’re well
- nobody in your household has coronavirus symptoms, for example a cough or high temperature
- you’re under 70
- you’re not pregnant
- you do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus (please see government website for further information)
We are looking for a passionate and committed volunteer to support our Folkestone Haven.
- Support the team to create a menu plan with the feedback from the customers attending the café
- Assisting with food preparation, working as part of a team
- Assisting with cleaning of the Kitchen area before and after preparing meals
- Carrying out phone calls to support purchasing of food orders
For more information about Hestia, this opportunity and our extensive benefits with volunteering at Hestia please see our volunteers pack attached to this advert!
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact us via our website
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with our volunteers and fairly assessed.
Location: Folkestone Town Centre
Hours: Flexible –Opening hours are evenings and Weekend Monday to Sunday.
At Hestia, we support adults and children across London in times of crisis.
Last year we worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.