Mindfulness Group Facilitator Volunteer (Newham)
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Mindfulness can be used to manage wellbeing, mental health and offers participants a wide variety of deep relaxation and mindfulness practices that include present moment awareness. These techniques help to develop improvements in wellbeing and self-awareness. We deliver a closed mindfulness group that runs for 6 weeks.
What you will be doing
- Facilitate sessions around relaxation and mindfulness in a small group
- Encourage group discussions around relaxation/mindfulness and share information
- Discussions on topics such as ‘importance of sleep’ ‘coping with stress’ ‘relationships’ etc
- Collaborative working between staff, volunteers and people that use our services
- Inspire and motivate people using the services to attend
- Keep a record of attendees, provide feedback, and report any concerns to the staff team
- Support our mindfulness instructor delivering and preparing the contents of the group sessions.
- Collect feedback surveys and wellbeing scales at the beginning and end of the group programme (6 sessions)
The skills you need
- Good communicator who can create a relaxing and nurturing environment
- Ability to provide a supportive, and inclusive atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
- Sensitive, calm and patient approach
What's in it for you
- Supporting You - You will have a dedicated volunteer supervisor to support you in your role; Quarterly volunteer forums with the central Volunteering team and volunteers across Hestia; References for job applications.
- Developing You - You will gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Mental Health; You will have access to our extensive Learning and Development Programme; 40% of our departed volunteers secured a paid role at Hestia last year!
- Valuing You - We hold annual Volunteer Awards, outings, celebration, and social events for our volunteers to get together and have some fun; We reimburse travel expenses and up to £5 for lunch for your volunteering.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.