Do you enjoy meeting people and engaging with them? We are looking for volunteers to join our team to provide a friendly face as people arrive at our Services. You will help people to connect with others, make them feel welcome whilst assisting our staff to run services for people that require support. Get in touch and make a difference!
What you will be doing:
- Work alongside staff to support people living in the service or accessing one of our drop-in sessions
- Welcoming and engaging people using the Service
- Holding conversations with people using the Service, checking in on their wellbeing and providing a listening ear/friendly face
- Motivate and inspire people to take part in activities
- Opportunities to deliver activities alongside the staff team and other volunteers
- Support with preparing light refreshments to create a relaxed environment
- To support with ad hoc and administrative tasks to ensure smooth running of the Service
The skills you need:
- Good communications skills
- Ability to provide a supportive and inclusive atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
- Calm and patient approach
- Maintain discretion and judgement when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information
What's in it for you:
- Supporting You - You will have a dedicated volunteer supervisor to support you in your role; Quarterly volunteer forums with the central Volunteering team and volunteers across Hestia; References for job applications.
- Developing You - You will gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Mental Health; You will have access to our extensive Learning and Development Programme; 40% of our departed volunteers secured a paid role at Hestia last year!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.