Do you want to part of facilitating people to rebuild their lives?
Do you have a passion to support people to rediscover themselves by exploring their wellbeing?
If so, we really need your help.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate volunteer who is able to make a difference to the lives of people with mental health issues in Wandsworth.
- Arrange and coordinate training sessions around wellbeing and beauty sessions
- Collaborative working between staff, volunteers and people that use our services
- Providing peer support opportunities across Hestia
- Encouraging group discussions and pampering sessions around wellbeing, self-esteem and looking after yourself and other skill sharing opportunities.
- Contact and develop working relationships with our Hestia services to promote the programme
- Visit services and take part in peer led sessions
For more information about Hestia, this opportunity and our extensive benefits with volunteering at Hestia please see our volunteers pack attached to this advert!
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact us via our website
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with our volunteers and fairly assessed.
Location: Wandsworth, London
Hours: A weekly/ fortnightly commitment of 2 hours a week.
At Hestia, we support adults and children across London in times of crisis.
Last year we worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.