Yoga Instructor Volunteer - Female only - Highbury
Are you a qualified Yoga Instructor who would enjoy facilitating weekly sessions to help individuals with their general well-being. This is an opportunity for you to share techniques with others.
Practicing yoga has been shown to increase mindfulness not just in class session, but in other areas of a person's life.
What you will be doing:
- Design session plans enabling all group members to increase fitness, suppleness and help them relax
- Teach the group yoga postures and breathing techniques which allow a range of mixed ages and abilities to participate
- Inspire and motivate people to attend and get involved in the group activities where possible and encourage the group to help design future sessions
- Keep a record of attendees, provide feedback and report any concerns to the staff team
The skills you need:
- Skilled and qualified Yoga Instructor
- Good communication skills
- Ability to provide a supportive and inclusive atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
What's in it for you:
- Supporting You - You will have a dedicated volunteer supervisor to support you in your role; Quarterly volunteer forums with the central Volunteering team and volunteers across Hestia; References for job applications.
- Developing You - You will gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Mental Health; You will have access to our extensive Learning and Development Programme; 40% of our departed volunteers secured a paid role at Hestia last year!
- Valuing You - Valuing You - We hold annual Volunteer Awards, outings, celebration, and social events for our volunteers to get together and have some fun; We reimburse travel expenses and up to £5 for lunch for your volunteering.