Are you engaging and enthusiastic?
Are you passionate about Learning and Development?
Are you able to inspire others to be their best self?
At Hidayah we’re on the lookout for an L&D Specialist to volunteer with us as our new Training Officer. Your mandate will be to support the charity with all learning, development and training requirements.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, this role will have the following duties, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for end-to-end management and delivery of learning content from needs analysis to content design and programme management
- Create and design Learning & Development programmes tailored to our Charity’s needs
- Assess the needs of our team and deliver effective, proficient material aimed appropriately at your audience
- To seek out and develop relationships with educational institutes, learning organisations and other charities to promote Hidayah’s aims and objectives
- To deliver training sessions to the Hidayah team (online using Zoom/Skype)
- To deliver new starter inductions
What is the purpose of the role?
- To support the learning and development needs of the Hidayah team. Delivering engaging content and inspiring others to be their best self.
How much commitment is required
- We are flexible around your own schedule. However, the following commitments are in place:
- To be able to attend all meetings with your line manager and deliver a comprehensive report to the Trustees with updates regarding training sessions you have delivered;
- To be part of a communications group (WhatsApp) to keep up to date with Hidayah developments;
- To contribute toward and to maintain the administration of our file sharing system ‘Google Drive’ so it is always up to date with clear records, templates and forms;
- To check emails and to respond when needed;
- Enthusiasm, dedication, responsiveness, flexibility and eagerness in supporting the aims, vision and mission of Hidayah;
- The role is subject to a 6 months probationary period.
What do we expect from an L&D Specialist?
Please note that you must agree with and fit the criteria below to be eligible to volunteer in this role:
Knowledge and experience:
- Fun, engaging and enthusiastic personality
- Natural public speaker and experience of delivering online/ Face to Face training content to small and large groups of people
- Experienced in designing, delivering and evaluating effective learning solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who can volunteer with minimal supervision
- To regularly check, maintain and keep up to date Hidayah administration and data handling systems such as using Google Drive to store information
- A high degree of literacy of Microsoft Office and IT Applications
- To be part of a communications text group to keep up to date with Hidayah developments and to inform the Board Members of any developments;
- To read new Hidayah policies and initiatives and to be aware of new Hidayah news;
- To read, understand and agree with the constitution of Hidayah (available on website).
- You must be 18+ and live in the UK
What benefits do I get from this role?
- You'll be contributing to Hidayah’s cause
- Strategic experience and development
- Development of professional networking skills
- Development of personal skills
- A reference for CV
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.