We actively encourage applicants who identify as LGBTQIA+ Muslim
The Social Media Manager will have the following duties, but are not limited to:
- Implement marketing and social media strategy
- Run social media campaigns to spread awareness about the work Hidayah is doing
- Support the social media volunteers in posting on our social media platforms
- Manage the social media volunteer team, including holding 1:1s, supporting the HR & Recruitment Officer with on-boarding and training.
- To lead volunteers on communications and marketing projects.
What is the purpose of the role?
The Social Media Manager will lead Hidayah’s work on media relations, public affairs, events management, stakeholder engagement, gathering intelligence, and representing Hidayah’s view to outside audiences as well as contributing to the effective running of the social media team.
How much commitment is required?
We are flexible around your own schedule. However, the following commitments are in place for this role:
- To be able to lead on monthly social media team meetings and to deliver a comprehensive report to the Trustees with updates on matters discussed; as well as communicate and complete actions as and when they appear for yourself/your team;
- To help to fundraise for, and advertise, any Hidayah events and fundraising drives;
- To be part of a communications group (WhatsApp) to keep up to date with Hidayah developments;
- To contribute toward and to maintain the administration of our file sharing system ‘Google Drive’ so it is always up to date with clear records, templates and forms;
- To check emails and to respond when needed;
- Enthusiasm, dedication, responsiveness, flexibility and eagerness in supporting the aims, vision and mission of Hidayah;
- The role is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
What do we expect from a Social Media Manager:
Please note that you must agree with and fit the criteria below to be eligible to volunteer in this role:
Knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level or experience which demonstrates equivalent analytical ability
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems and their benefits for the voluntary sector
- Knowledge of good governance procedures for the voluntary sector
- Have experience of managing a team
- Have experience of using social media in a professional manner (Instagram/Facebook and Twitter)
- Have experience of video editing for social media use
- Line managing, developing, coaching and motivating staff.
- Large scale project management under the scrutiny of a funder, involving a number of delivery partners, the commissioning and managing of independent consultants and trainers, preferably in the voluntary sector.
- Working and influencing at both a strategic and operational level ensuring excellent working relationships and a high standard of customer care.
- A self-starter who can volunteer with minimal supervision.
- Friendliness, enthusiasm, dedication, responsiveness, flexibility and eagerness in supporting the aims, vision and mission of Hidayah.
- Ability to take the lead with plans and ideas for the social media group meetings;
- Ability to understand confidentiality, equality and diversity and safeguarding procedures;
- Ability to respond to resolving conflict situations if needed;
- Someone who can behave with professionalism.
- To regularly check, maintain and keep up to date Hidayah administration and data handling systems such as using Google Drive to store information
- A high degree of literacy of Microsoft Office and IT Applications
- To be part of a communications text group (WhatsApp) to keep up to date with Hidayah developments and to inform the Board Members of any developments;
- To read new Hidayah policies and initiatives and to be aware of new Hidayah news;
- To read, understand and agree with the constitution of Hidayah (available on website).
- To help to fundraise for, and advertise, any Hidayah events and fundraising drives.
- It would be beneficial if you have industry contacts (i.e. reach to influential LGBTQIA+ Muslims to increase our reach)
What benefits do I get from this role?
- Contributing to Hidayah’s cause.
- Strategic experience and development.
- Development of professional networking skills.
- Development of personal skills.
- Reference for your CV
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.