Home-Start works with families in communities, supporting thousands of families and children to transform their lives. At Home-Start Birmingham Central and South-West we're now seeking a Chairperson.
What will you be doing?
At Home-Start Birmingham Central and South-West we are seeking a Chair to contribute their expertise and experience to lead and support the effective running and governance of the Scheme.
We’re looking for a skilled volunteer who can Chair the board, as well as lead on strategic and operational advice and guidance.
As Chair, you will work with fellow trustees and the Scheme Manager, to advise on governance, have oversight of finances, risks, safeguarding, lead on the direction of the Scheme to achieve its objectives and support operational aspects.
The role will be responsible for:
· provide supervision and management of Scheme Manager and act as sounding board for staff
· lead and support the Strategic role to use local procedures appropriately
· contribute to Board discussions about the Home-Start’s capacity in working with more complex families, including those where there are child protection concerns
· support the Board to monitor and review systems, policy and procedures to ensure good practice within the Home-Start and compliance with the Home-Start Quality Assurance Standards
· Ensuring the board of trustees understands and fulfils its responsibilities
· You will also play a vital role, along with the rest of the board of trustees, in developing our overall Scheme strategy and ensuring the ongoing good governance of the Scheme.
What are we looking for?
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Good management experience.
· Ability to effectively and clearly communicate.
· Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
· Confidence to put forward ideas and suggestions and effectively and appropriately challenge.
What difference will you make?
Your support as Chair will assist us in being able to continue to provide vital individual, non-judgemental, compassionate and confidential volunteer-led help and support to local families in Bartley Green, Edgbaston, Harborne, Ladywood, Soho and Quinton.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise to influence the strategic management of the Scheme and allow the Scheme to continue to make a real difference to the lives of families and children in the local area.
You will have the opportunity to develop or enhance your strategic leadership skills by supporting in the development and implementation of the overall Scheme strategy, working alongside committed and professional fellow trustees and staff.