Purpose of the role
- To provide administrative support to the employees of the scheme and Board of Trustees as required.
- To support the efficient administration of the Home-Start Croydon office.
- General office duties including word-processing, photocopying, filing and mailing.
- To undertake administrative duties in relation to the recruitment, training and general support of volunteers where required.
- To help maintain the volunteer database, including data input and analysis.
- To help maintain stationery supplies and office sundries.
- To support the organisation with volunteering/family/public events.
- To support the administration of DBS checks for volunteers and staff.
- Assisting with hospitality for visitors to the office.
- Communicating by telephone with a wide range of people.
- Assisting the Family Coordinators and other team members in maintaining efficient, accurate and confidential records.
- Minute taking and circulation for staff and trustee meetings where required.
- Creating and circulating a monthly newsletter to our supporters.
The role requires at least 5 hours office support per week. There will be the possibility of extending those hours to 10 should the post holder wish and should there be the requirement. There may be the opportunity to attend other events or activities associated with the charity if wished.
The Home-Start Croydon Volunteer Administrator will be expected to work within the ethos of Home-Start and have high standards of practice. The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible and flexible approach to the work.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV and a covering letter to Suzie Jones via email (please check website), or post to Home-Start Croydon, 1-8 Ramsey Court, 122 Church Street, Croydon, CR0 1RF.
Closing Date will be Friday 20th December and interviews to be held in January.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.