Home-Start Slough is an empowering, visionary family support service built on trusted relationships and rooted in the community. Looking forward, we are ambitious for our future and the Chair will play a key role in our ambitions.
We are at an important stage in our development and we are seeking a new Chair (Designate) to replace our current Chair who will be standing down in 2020.
Building on our successes to date, we want a new Chair to lead us through the next exciting phase of our journey. You will have a strong background and track record of providing leadership at board and/or senior executive level and will have a passion for supporting the early years in life for a better future. You should have the judgement and vision to operate effectively at strategic level and you should demonstrate the skills and expertise stakeholder engagement and fundraising.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation
- Successful track record of achievement through their career
- Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees
- Experience of delivering presentations and managing stakeholders
- Significant experience of chairing meetings and events