Hoole Enterprise Trust Time for You (HETTY) is more than just a preschool/Wrap around care, it’s a family!
We pride ourselves on the relationships we have with our children, our parents and our staff. Together we aim to provide an education for our children within a setting that allows them to be who they are and encourages them to be who they want to be.
We welcome and value children of all nationalities, faiths and abilities and through our partnership with our parents and the local community, we strive to reach every child’s potential. The children range from 2-4 and our wrap around care children range from 4-11. We currently have 79 Nursery children and 150 children who attend our before and after school care.
HETTY is looking to expand our board of Trustees, HETTY has Charity statues and is a Limited Company, Social Enterprise.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a high calibre and committed Trustee to join our Governing Board and vibrant Nursery/wrap around care community. You will contribute to the work of the Board in ensuring high standards of achievement for all children in HETTY by ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction, holding executive leaders to account for the education performance of the organisation and its pupils, the performance management of staff, and overseeing the financial performance of HETTY and making sure its money is well spent.
HETTY is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to rigorous recruitment checks, an Enhanced DBS check.
Under charity law (regulated by the Charity commission), Trustees have ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of the Nursery/Wrap around care and charity to ensure that it is solvent, well-run and delivering the charitable outcomes for which it has been set up. As a Trustee of HETTY and charity, you will be responsible for ensuring;
- A clear vision, mission and strategic direction has been set and that they are aligned with budgets, operational plans and fundraising plan;
- Operational management processes are appropriate e.g policies, quality and service standards, values, recruitment to senior positions;
- Compliance with legal obligations are met and assets are managed;
- All financial obligations are met and assets are managed;
- Major risks to HETTY are regular identified and reviewed and that systems are in place to mitigate or minimise these risks;
- The governance structure is appropriate to a charity of its size/complexity and reflects the diversity of its users.
- The vision and ethos of HETTY
- HETTY staffing structure and key staffing policies;
- HETTY’s budget, including the expenditure of pupil premium;
- Children have access to broad EYFS curriculum.