Haiti Disability Coordinator
HHA is looking for a new Haiti Disability Coordinator to join our team. Based in Haiti, this is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking for an experience living and working overseas. HHA is one of the leading disability and rehabilitation NGO’s in northern Haiti and operate a range of services including a respite centre for children with disabilities and a rehabilitation unit for persons with spinal cord injuries or strokes. This role will directly impact these lifesaving and life transforming services. Due to the nature of this role it is essential applicants have experience or relevant qualifications working in this field of work.
Maison de Benediction, MdB (HHA’s respite centre for children with disabilities):
- Help implement a number of identified service improvements to MdB with the local Haitian team
- Help mentoring/training MdB’s coordinator and staff in disability care, leadership and management
- Work with Haitian Physiotherapy team to supervise therapy goals for children and implement effective monitoring systems to track milestones
- Help developing and implementing daily activities for children around play therapy, music therapy, special needs education etc.
- Assist HHA with long-term strategic planning for older children at MdB
- Assist HHA fundraising team with Beni Sponsorship Programme, an MdB focused sponsorship programme
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) & Stroke Rehabilitation Unit:
- Aid HHA and partners, The Swiss Paraplegic Foundation, in the effective management and development of Rehabilitation services at HCBH under the supervision of an existing Rehabilitation Coordinator in Haiti
- Help coordinate wheelchair distributions at HCBH
- Mentor and aid HCBH’s SCI Outreach Worker, improving education and referral networks across hospitals in northern Haiti regarding SCI care.
HHA support a range of other disability related services where some assistance may be required. This includes:
- Aiding improvements to HCBH’s Inclusive Sports Gym, including facilitating more active sports therapy
- Providing management assistance for the hospital’s inclusive bakery, which is a social business enterprise employing people with disabilities
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.